With Aust & Hachmann, we have been supporting social development projects in Madagascar for 30 years.
As an intergenerational bulk buyer, we see our responsibility to support education and prosperity in the vanilla-growing regions on the one hand, and to protect the environment by creating a better livelihood for the local population on the other.
Furthermore, we work closely with our sustainability officer Joey Moscovitch, who has been making annual humanitarian trips to the vanilla region of Madagascar since 2013. Joey regularly reports on the vanilla suppliers and project progress on site. This information serves as a basis for action for further support and cooperation.
Joey has set up the JHA Fund as an NGO. Within this framework, Joey takes care of many initiatives:
- Duke University Lemur Center, Seacology
- the Lemur Conservation Foundation
- USA Ambassador’s Self-Help Program
- C.A.L.A.: Comité d’Aide aux Lépreux d’Antalaha-Leprosy Relief Committee of Antalaha
- C.R.E.E.: Centre de recherche en éducation environnemental
- GIZ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH see page 30-31
- DREN Direction Régionale de l’éducation Nationale Circonscription Scolaire (Ministry of Education School District)
Education & Medical Care
Cooperation with the
- Herimanana construction to provide access to educational opportunities and medical facilities.
- C.R.E.E.: Centre de recherche en éducation environnemental + DREN Direction Régionale de l’éducation Nationale Circonscription Scolaire (Ministry of Education School District)
- GIZ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Seite 30-31
Inspections on site
On-site inspections and reporting so that Aust & Hachmann stays in the picture about the vanilla suppliers and supported projects. This information forms the basis for further action and support.